Idly Chat / Masala Idly
- few Button Idlis or Idly pieces
- 1 cup Dry Peas
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 2 Green Chillies chopped
- 1/2 sp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 sp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 sp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 sp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder (if required )
For Garnishing :
- 1 Lemon wedges
- chopped Coriander leaves
- Wash and soak peas over night, after that pressure cook them up to 3-4 whistles.
- Allow it to cool, then grind 1/4 cup of cooked peas into a coarse paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan add chopped onions, green chillies and fry, once done add tomato pieces, ginger garlic paste and fry till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add corinder, cumin, garam masala powders and add remaining peas and stir-cook for couple of mins, then pour in 1 cup of water and mix well.
- Now add ground paste, salt ,turmeric powder and mix well, cook it for 2 mins on low flame, lastly add chopped idlis and stir slightly.
- Let it cook 1 more min and turn of the heat and transfer into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with corinder leaves, lemon wedges and chopped onions, now idly chat is ready to serve.