Kichadi / Rice Moong Dal Khichadi
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 Green Chillies chopped
- 1/2 sp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 4 Cloves / Lavangalu
- 3 Cardamom / Elaichi Pods
- 1 Inch Cinnamon / Dalchini
- 2 cups Water
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- 4 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice and moong dal in a cooker bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon and fry for 30 secs.
- Add onions, green chillies, curry leaves and stir- fry them until the onions become soft.
- Then add ginger garlic paste & fry, next add chopped tomato and stir for 1 min on low flame.
- Add this fried popu to soaked rice bowl & add salt, turmeric powder and pressure cook upto 3 whistles.
- When done remove the lid and transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves.
- rice moong dal kichadi is ready to serve, serve with fresh yogurt or chutney.