Alasandakayalu Curry / Black Eyed Beans Curry / Bobbara Chikkudu Curry
- 1/4 kg Alasandakayalu/Bobbara Chikkulu
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 2 sp Chutney Powder/Curry Powder
- Salt to taste
For Popu :
- 1/2 sp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 sp Chana Dal
- 1/2 sp Urad Dal
- 1 Red Chilli crocked
- Curry leaves
- 2 sp Oil
- Wash and cut alasandakayalu into small pieces and cook with enough salt & turmeric powder and drain.
- Heat oil in a pan add popu ingredients & fry for 2 mins, once done add curry leaves, cooked alasandakayalu & stir well.
- Now add chutney/curry powder and mix well, let it cook for a couple of mins with cover, so that the curry gets well coated with the powder.
- When the curry is done remove the lid and transfer into a serving bowl, now alasandakayalu curry is ready, serve with rice or roti.
- See my previous posting for ‘Chutney powder’.