- 1 kg Rice
- 3/4 kg Pakam Jaggery
- 1 sp Elachi powder
- Oil + Ghee for deep frying
Soak rice for one over night, the next day drain water completely .
- Blend it well to fine powder in a mixer.
- Add the grated jaggery in a pan with a cup of water & boil it.
- The jaggery dissolves into water then filter the syrup.
- Add the syrup to a wide pan and keep the flame.
- Once the syrup comes undapakam, remove from the flame.
- Add rice flour, elaichi powder and small cup of ghee & stir well.
- When its cool take a small ball and pat the ball to round shape like small puri on a plastic paper.
- And then fry it in oil on medium flame until its brown in colour.
- Take from pan and press to remove excess oil.
- Once they are cool store them in an airtight container.