Brinjal / Eggplant / Vankaya Curry
- 1/4 kg Vankayalu / Brinjal
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 2 sp Chutney powder
- Salt to taste
For Popu :
- 1/2 sp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 sp Chana Dal
- 1/2 sp Urad Dal
- 1 Red Chilli crocked
- 3 sp Oil
- Curry leaves
- Wash and cut brinjal into small pieces & keeep aside.
- Always preserve the cut brinjal in water & add a pinch of salt.
- Heat oil in a fry pan add popu ingredients and fry for 2mins.
- When they splutter add curry leaves & vankaya mukkalu, and stir well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and sprinkle little water and mix well.
- Cook on medium flame with lid. Keep checking in between.
- The brinjal should become tender add chutney powder & stir well.
- All the curry well coated with the powder, continue to cook on low flame with cover.
- After 1min turn off heat & transfer into a serving bowl.
Vankaya Kura is ready to serve. Serve with white rice.