Vankaya, Chikkudukaya Kura / Brinjal, Broad Beans curry
- 1/4 kg Chikkudukayalu
- 4 no Vankayalu / Eggplant
- 1 sp grated Ginger
- 3 Green Chillies chopped
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
For Popu :
- 1/2 sp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 sp Urad Dal
- 1/2 sp Chana Dal
- 1 Red Chilli crocked
- Curry leaves
- 4 sp Oil
- Wash & tear chikkudukayalu each into 4 or 5 pieces & cook with salt.
- Wash & cut brinjal into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan add popu and fry for 2mins.
- When they fry add curry leaves & ginger, green chilli pieces & fry for 1min.
- Add vankaya mukkalu, salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle little water & stir, cover and cook on medium flame.
- Once they are starting to become tender add cooked chikkudukayalu and stir well.
- Cook for 5 mins on low flame with cover.
- Turn off heat & transfer into a serving bowl. Serve with white rice.