Avisa leaves Toor Dal Curry / Avisaku Kandi Pappu Podi Kura
- 2 bunches Avisaku
- 1/4 cup Toor Dal/Kandi Pappu
- 1 sp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
For Popu :
- 1/2 sp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 sp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Red Chilli crocked
- Curry leaves
- 2 sp Oil
- Remove the avisa leaves from the stems and wash them.
- Cook the avisa leaves along with turmeric powder and enough salt. When done strain and keep aside. Allow it to cool some time, squeeze the cooked leaves and keep aside.
- Wash and half cook toor dal and strain them, heat oil in a pan add popu ingredients and fry.
- Once done add curry leaves, cooked avisaku, cooked toor dal and stir well. Now add red chilli powder and stir - fry for 4 or 5 mins on low flame.
- After that remove from the flame & transfer into a serving bowl.
- Avisaku kandi pappu podi kura is ready to serve, serve with rice along with rasam or sambar.