4 Cups Rice
1 Cup Urad Dal
1/2 Cup Roasted Chana Dal
1 sp Red Chilli Powder
1 sp Cumin seeds
Lime Size Butter
Salt to Taste
Oil for deep fry
- Heat a pan add rice and fry for 5min on low flame & remove from fire.
- Urad dal also fry in the same pan until it comes good aroma.
- Let it cool for some time and grind with putnala pappu.
- Take a bowl add mixed flours, salt, cumin seeds, red chilli powder and hingh into it.
- Add butter into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Now add enough water and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a wide pan in medium flame.
- Place a fistful of dough in muruku maker & press it into oil.
- Fry them till they turn light golden brown in color. Fry a few murukus at a time.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Allow them to cool, now muruku is ready to eat.
- Store in an air tight container.