Sankranti Special Recipe / Nuvvula Ariselu
- 1 kg Rice
- 3/4 kg Pakam Jaggery
- 1 sp Elaichi powder
- Oil + Ghee for deep frying
- 1 cup Nuvvulu/Sesame seeds
- Soak rice for one over night, the next day drain water completely & grind into a fine powder.
- Add the grated jaggery in a pan with a cup of water & boil it, the jaggery dissolves into water then filter the syrup.
- Add the syrup to a wide pan and keep the flame, once the syrup comes undapakam then remove from the flame.
- Add rice flour, elaichi powder and mix well, then apply one small cup of ghee over it and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, Soak nuvvulu in half cup of water for 5 mins & drain, place them on a plate and keep aside.
- Once the dough cooled and mix well, take a small ball from the dough & roll the ball in the sesame seeds.
- Nuvvulu will stick to the ball & press it on a plastic paper with little oil.
- And then fry it in hot oil on medium flame until its brown in color, take from the pan and press it with wooden handle to remove excess oil.
- Once they are cool store them in an airtight container, you can store it almost for 20 days.