Sorrel Spinach Pulusu / Khatta Palak Stew / Chukkakura Pulusu Kura
- 2 bunches Chukka kura / Sorrel Spinach
- 2 sp Chana Dal
- 2 Onion chopped
- 2 Green Chillies chopped
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 sp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
For Popu :
- 1/2 sp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 sp Urad dal
- 1/4 sp Cumin seeds
- 1 Red Chilli crocked
- Curry Leaves
- Clean wash and chop chukkakura into small pieces & keep aside, soak chana dal in a small bowl for 15- 20 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan add popu ingredients and fry, once done add green chillies, onion, curry leaves & fry for 1 min.
- Next add soaked chana dal and stir, sprinkle little water and cook with cover.
- Cook until they become soft, then add chukka kura and stir well, add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder & mix well.
- Continue to cook on low flame with lid, when it done turn off the flame and transfer into a serving bowl.
- Chukkakura pulusu is ready to serve, serve with rice or roti.