Toor Dal Kichadi / Kandi Pappu Kichadi
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal
- 2 Green Chillies chopped
- 1 sp chopped Ginger
- 1 sp chopped Garlic
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 sp Fresh Curd
- 1/2 sp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 sp Cumin Seeds
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 4 Cloves
- 3 Elaichi Pods
- 2' Dalchini
- 4 sp Ghee / Oil
- Salt to taste
- Curry Leaves
- Clean wash toor dal, rice and soak for 15- 20 mins & keep aside.
- Grind elaichi, cloves and dalchina chekka into a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds, red chilli, curry leaves, masala powders and stir.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chilli pieces and fry for 2 mins.
- Add onion pieces and fry for 2 mins, next add curd and fry.
- Then add soaked toor dal, rice and fry for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Add 21/2 cup water, salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Then transfer into a cooker bowl and pressure cook.
- When it done transfer into a serving bowl.
- Toor dal kichadi is ready to serve. Serve with fresh curd.