Water Amaranth Leaves Powder / Ponnaganti Aaku Podi
- 2 cups chopped Ponnaganti Aaku
- 2 tbsp Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 tbsp grated Coconut/Dry Coconut
- 2" inches Tamarind Flake
- 4 Garlic Flakes
- 6 Red Chillies
- 2 sp Oil
- Pluck water amaranth leaves from the stems & wash thoroughly and strain.
- Spread it out on a cloth, preferably in a little sunlight.
- Heat oil in a pan add urad dal, chana dal, coriander seeds & fry.
- Fry them on a medium flame until it turns golden brown in color & remove from flame.
- Fry red chillies in the same pan and remove from fire.
- Fry ponnaganti aaku in the same pan until it goes the raw smell.
- Let it cool for some time and then grind all ingredients into a fine powder.
- Now ponnaganti aaku podi is ready to serve, remove from the jar & store it.
- Serve with hot rice or tiffins along with ghee.