Bellam Laddu/Jaggery Laddu – how to make jaggery laddu
- 1 cup Besan / Gram Flour
- 3/4 cup grated Jaggery
- 1 pinch Elaichi Powder
- Oil for deep fry
- Water for batter & syrup
- Sieve the gram flour, add water little by little and make a smooth batter like bajji batter without lumps.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, when hot hold a ladle on top of hot oil and pour a small cup of batter on it & tap it gently, let the batter drop into the hot oil.
- Deep fry till they turn light brown in color and keep aside, make more boondi using the remaining batter.
- Now boil a cup of water & add jaggery into it and make a thick syrup like 'vundapakam'.
- Switch of the flame and add in elaichi powder & fried boondi and mix well and pour on a wide plate, allow it to cool for some time.
- Then make round balls or laddoos, bellam Laddus are ready to serve, allow them to dry & store them in an airtight container.