Chikkudukaya Kandi Pappu Podi Kura
- 1/4 kg Chikkudukayalu/Broad Beans
- 1/4 cup Toor Dal
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 sp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
For Popu :
- 1/2 sp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 sp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 sp Urad Dal
- 1 Red Chilli crocked
- Curry Leaves
- 2 sp Oil
- Wash and tare chikkudukayalu each into 4 or 5 pieces.
- Cook the chopped broad beans adding salt, turmeric powder and enough water in an open pan, meanwhile, wash and 3/4 cook toor dal & strain.
- Heat oil in a pan add popu ingredients and fry for 2 mins, when it done add curry leaves, cooked chikkudukaya pieces & stir.
- Then add cooked toor dal, red chilli powder & mix well, cook on low flame for 2 mins with out lid.
- After 2 mins turn off flame & transfer into a serving bowl, chikkudukaya kandi pappu podi kura is ready to serve, serve hot with white rice. It's a side dish for sambar