Ivy Gourd / Tindora / Dondakaya Pappula Podi Kura
- 1/4 kg Ivy Gourd / Dondakayalu
- 2 Green Chillies chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
For Powder :
- 1 sp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 sp Roasted Chana Dal
- 1 sp grated Coconut
- 1 sp Red Chilli Powder
For Popu :
- 1/2 sp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 sp Chana Dal
- 1/2 sp Urad Dal
- 1 Red Chilli crocked
- Curry Leaves
- 2 sp Oil
- Grind sesame seeds, putnala pappu, coconut along with red chilli powder & keep aside.
- Wash and cut dondakayalu into thin and lengthwise pieces
- Heat oil in a pan add popu ingredients & fry for 2 mins.
- When it done add onions, green chillies, curry leaves and stir.
- Next add dondakaya mukkalu, salt, turmeric powder and stir well.
- Sprinkle little water & stir, cover and cook on medium flame.
- When done add ground powder and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low flame with a couple of mins.
- Turn off the flame & transfer into a serving bowl.
- Dondakaya pappula podi kura is ready to serve.