- 1 cup Rice
- 1 cup grated Jaggery
- Fistful Coconut Pieces
- 1/4 sp Elaichi Powder
- 4 sp Ghee
- Soak rice for one over night, the next day wash & drain water completely.
- Grind it well and sieve to get very fine powder and keep aside.
- Fry the coconut pieces in little ghee until it turns light brown in color & keep aside.
- Add the grated jaggery in a pan with 1/2 cup of water & boil it.
- The jaggery dissolves into water then filter the syrup.
- Add the syrup to a wide pan and keep the flame.
- Once the syrup comes undapakam,remove from the flame.
- Add rice flour little by little then add elaichi powder, coconut pieces, ghee & stir well.
- Mixing thoroughly without lumps and cover with a lid.
- Tasty tasty chalimidi is ready to serve.