Ponnaganti aaku Pesara Curry
- 2 bunches Ponnaganti aaku / Water Amaranth Leaves
- 2 sp Moong Dal
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 sp Red Chilli Powder
For Popu :
- 1/2 sp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 sp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Red Chilli crocked
- Curry Leaves
- 2 sp Oil
- Wash and soak the moong dal in water for 10 to15mins.
- Wash and chop ponnaganti aaku and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add popu ingredients and fry.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add curry leaves & stir.
- Add moong dal, turmeric powder, ponnaganti aku & stir well.
- Cook with a small quantity of water, cover and cook for 8-10mins.
- Stirring occasionally, add salt and red chilli powder.
- Cook for couple of mins without lid & transfer into a serving bowl.
- Ponnaganti aaku pesara curry is ready to serve.