Punugulu / Small Bondalu
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 3 cups Rice
- 1/2 sp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Green Chillies
- 2 Onion chopped
- 1/4 sp Cooking Soda
- Oil for deep fry
- Salt to taste
For Garnishing :
- 1 Onion Finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli chopped
- 2 sp chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 sp Lemon juice
- Soak urad dal and rice in separate bowls for 3-4 hours.
- Wash and grind urad dal, rice into a thick & smooth paste.
- Mix them well and set aside to ferment overnight or at least 6-8 hours.
- Next day morning stir the batter with enough salt.
- Add cooking soda, cumin seeds, chopped onion, green chillies & mix well.
- Take a small bowl and mix the garnish ingredients & keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan on medium heat for deep frying, once oil is hot drop small balls in the oil using your hand or with help of two spoons.
- Deep fry them until golden brown, remove from the pan & place it on a paper towel.
- Punugulu is ready to serve, garnish with onion mixture and serve hot with coconut chutney.