Padar Peni / Chiroti
- 1 cup Maida / All purpose flour
- 3 sp Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Elaichi Pods
- 2 sp Ghee
- Oil for deep fry
- Make a soft dough with all purpose flour, ghee, water & keep aside for 30 mins.
- Grind sugar with elaichi pods into a fine powder and keep it side.
- Now make 3 dough balls and make each ball like a thin chapati and keep aside.
- Now place the chapati & sprinkle some rice flour & place another chapati.
- Join the three chapatis and roll to make a long thick rope shape using with hands.
- Now cut it into 1 inch rectangular pieces, roll each piece into a small puri.
- Fry them until they turn golden brown in color and remove from the hot oil, sprinkle sugar powder on the hot puris & allow them to cool.
- Padar peni is ready to serve, store them in an airtight container.