Madras Idly / Soft Idlis
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 2 cups Boiled Rice
- 1 pinch Cooking Soda
- Salt to taste
- 2 sp Oil/Ghee
- Wash and soak urad dal, rice and boiled rice in separate bowls for 3-4 hours.
- After that grind urad dal, rice, boiled rice into a thick & smooth paste, mix them well and allow it for fermenting overnight.
- Next day morning add salt, cooking soda and add enough water to make it into a pouring consistency.
- Now madras idly batter is ready to prepare idlis, grease the idly plates with oil/ghee and fill with the batter.
- Place the idli plates in the idly cooker & close it with lid, cook on medium heat for 10-15 mins.
- Then remove from fire & leave it for 2-3 mins and remove them from the idly plates.
- Now madras idlis are ready to serve, serve with hot sambar and chutney.