Sun Dried Mango Dal / Mamidi Varugu Pappu
- 1 cup Toor Dal
- 1/4 cup Dried Mango Pieces / Varugulu
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 sp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Green Chillies chopped
- Salt to taste
For Popu :
- 1/2 sp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 sp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 sp Urad Dal
- 1 pinch Hing
- 1 Red Chilli crocked
- Coriander Leaves
- Curry Leaves
- 1 sp Oil
- Wash the toor dal, green chillies and place in the cooker bowl, wash the dried mango pieces & place in a small bowl & keep on top of the dal bowl and pressure cook.
- Let it cool for some time, remove the lid & mash the cooked mango pieces and add it to the cooked dal & mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a pan add popu ingredients and fry, once done add curry leaves, cooked dal mixture, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder & mix well.
- Let it cook for couple of mins and turn off the flame, now mamidikaya varugu pappu is ready, transfer into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve, serve with rice and rotis.
For Varugu : Wash and peel the skin of raw mango and cut into thin strips.
keep the mango strips in a plate and keep it out in the sun to dry.
These strips turn dry and a bit wheatish in color and store them in a jar.