Sakhannam / Vegetable Rice
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup chopped Seema Vankaya ( Chow Chow)
- 3 Green Chillies chop lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped Dondakayalu( Ivy Gourd)
- 1/4 cup chopped Vankaya (Brinjal)
- 1/4 cup chopped Carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped Potato
- 1/4 cup chopped Beans
- 2" inches Dalchini / Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Cloves / Lavangalu
- 3 Elaichi Pods
- 4 sp Oil
- 1 sp Ghee
- Curry Leaves
- Clean, wash rice and keep it aside, heat oil in a pressure pan add cloves, dalchini, elaichi and fry for 1 min, then add add curry leaves, green chillies and fry for 1 min.
- Next add chopped vegetables and fry for 2 mins, now add rice and stir, add 2 cups of water, salt and mix it well and cook on medium flame.
- When done remove the lid add ghee and mix well, transfer into a serving bowl, sakhannam is ready for naivedyam.
- We offer this dish to Goddess Saraswathi Devi during Navaratri days.