- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1/2 sp Black Pepper
- 1 sp Cumin Seeds
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 sp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 sp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Cloves
- Salt to taste
- 3 sp Oil
- few Coriander Leaves
- Wash and soak rice and moong dal for 10 to 15 mins & keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds, bay leaf, pepper corn, cloves & fry.
- Add chopped onions and stir, saute till the onion turns light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes & stir, cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add turmeric, coriander, garam masala powders, soaked rice mixture & mix well.
- Fry it for some time and then add water and salt to it as needed.
- Then transfer the whole mixture to rice cooker and cook.
- When done remove the lid and add chopped coriander leaves and serve.
- Now masala kichadi is ready to serve, serve hot with chutney or curd.