- 1 cup grated Paneer
- 3 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 5 Badam
- 3 Cashews
- 1 pinch Elachi Powder
- few Saffron Threads
- Soak badam in warm water for 10 mins & remove the skin.
- Chop cashews into small pieces and also chop soaked badam and keep aside.
- Boil milk in a thick bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- Stirring continuously until the milk is 1/2 in volume add sugar and stir.
- Add elaichi powder, grated paneer and stir well.
- Let it cook on low flame for couple of mins and remove from the flame.
- Now paneer payasam is ready & place in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve chilled with chopped nuts and saffron threads.