Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- 1 cup Rice
- 3 Tomatoes roughly chopped
- 4 Red Chillies
- 1/2 cup Coconut Pieces
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Green Chillies chopped
- 11/2 inch Ginger chopped
- 4 Cloves
- 1 inch Dalchi
- Salt to taste
- 3 sp Oil
- Coriander Leaves
- Curry Leaves
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes and keep aisde.
- Heat a pan add red chillies, coconut pieces, ginger, tomatoes & fry.(with out oil)
- Let it fry for couple of minutes and remove from the pan & allow it cool.
- When it becomes cool grind well to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan add cloves, dalchi and fry for 30 sec.
- Then add chopped onion, green chillies, curry leaves and stir.
- Add ground paste and fry for 2 mins on low flame.
- Add soaked rice & again fry it for 2 mins then add to rice bowl.
- Now add 2 cup of water, salt and cook in the pressure cooker or in rice cooker
- When done garnish with coriander leaves before serving. Serve with fresh curd.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
- 5 Brinjals
- 2 sp Chana Dal
- 2 sp Urad Dal
- 1 sp Coriander Seeds
- 1 sp PopySeeds / Gasaalu
- 6 or 7 Red Chillies
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Cloves
- Salt to taste
- 4 sp Oil
- Heat 1sp oil in fry pan add chana dal, urad dal, coriander seeds, red chillies and fry.
- When 3/4 done add cloves, dalchini, gasagasalu and fry.
- Fry them on a low flame until it turns golden brown in colour.
- When they cool grind along with salt, garlic cloves into a fine powder.
- Cut brinjals into 4 pieces with out separating.
- Stuff some amount of the prepared powder in each brinjal.
- Now heat oil in a pan and carefully place each stuffed brinjal in it.
- Cover with a flat lid and pour little water on it.
- Keep checking in between, when they are cooked properly, then remove from the flame.
- Transfer into a serving bowl. Masala stuffed brinjal curry is ready to serve.
- Spicy and tasty masala gutti vankaya kura is ready to eat.
- 1 cup Cornflakes
- 1/2 sp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 pinch Chat Masala
- few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Deep fry
- Heat oil in a pan add cornflakes and deep fry them and drain on a paper towel.
- Fry curry leaves in hot oil and keep them on a paper towel.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, chat masala to fried cornflakes and mix well.
- Add fried curry leaves to cornflakes and mix everything nicely.
- Now cornflakes kara is ready to serve, store them in an air-tight container.
- 1 cup Besan / Gram Flour
- 1 sp Ground Pepper
- 1 sp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 sp Cooking Soda
- 2 sp Butter
- Enough Salt
- Oil for deep Fry
- Take a bowl and add above ingredients expect oil and mix well with your fingers.
- Add water little by little and make a soft dough and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, when it is hot hold the muruku mould ( wooden frame ) on the hot oil.
- Keep big lemon size dough on the top of the mould and rub it carefully.
- Pepper muruku will fall through the holes in the hot oil.
- Fry them until they turn light golden brown and remove from the pan.
- Drain them on a paper towel, spicy tasty pepper muruku is ready to eat.
Monday, October 20, 2014
- 6 Bread Slices
- 4 sp Sweet Khova
- 1 sp chopped Almonds
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 pinch Elaichi Powder
- Oil for deep fry
- Mix khova and chopped badam together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Boil sugar with a cup of water in a pan and add elaichi powder.
- When it comes just before teega pakam then turn off the heat & keep aside.
- Remove the bread edges from bread slices and dip the bread slice into water.
- Squeeze the slice immediately and place khova mix in center and make a small ball.
- Heat oil in a pan add the bread balls in hot oil and fry till golden brown in color.
- Soak in sugar syrup for 1 hour, garnish with chopped almonds while serving.