- 3 no Tomatoes chopped
- 7-8 Green Chillies
- 2 Inches Tamarind Flake
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 sp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 sp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 sp Methi Seeds
- Salt to taste
- 3 sp Oil
For Popu :
- 1/4 sp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 sp Urad Dal
- 1 Red Chilli crocked
- 1 pinch Inguva
- 1 sp Oil
- Heat 2 sp oil in a pan add mustard, coriander, methi seeds and fry.
- Next add green chillies and stir until the green chillies are soft and fry.
- Remove from the pan, add remaining oil and add chopped tomatoes and fry.
- Grind the fried popu along with salt, tamarind, and turmeric powder and keep aside.
- When the tomatoes are mushy add ground powder to cooked tomatoes and mix well.
- Let it cook for couple of mins on low flame then remove from the heat.
- Put a small fring pan on low heat and add popu ingredients and fry.
- When done remove from the heat and add to tomato chutney and mix well.
- Tomato green chilli chutney is ready to serve, serve with rice and tiffins.