- 1 cup Alasandalu/Lobia
- 11/2 grated Jaggery
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 pinch Elaichi Powder
- little Salt
- 5 tbsp Ghee
- Wash and soak lobia over night or at least 4 or 5 hours then wash and pressure cook alasandalu & let it cool.
- Once done grind them into a paste and keep aside, prepare thick syrup of jaggery by boiling it with 1/2 cup of water over low flame.
- Then add in ground paste, elaichi powder and cook for a few mins until the mixture until it starts leaving the sides of the pan & becomes a thick consistency, remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Divide the dal mixture into a lemon size balls, knead the dough & make it into small lime sized balls.
- Flatten the dough ball into a small size puri on a greased plastic paper, place the dal ball on the puri & cover the edges completely.
- Roll out the ball into a thin round with the help of ghee, heat a griddle, when it hot cook this on both sides adding little ghee.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling balls, now alasandalu bobbatlu are ready to serve, serve with milk and ghee.